👋 We’re hiring a Financial Controller: applications open!
Adara Ventures is an early-stage Venture Capital firm with €180m of AUM. We back visionary founders building innovative solutions that solve complex problems for the enterprise.
We actively search for B2B opportunities in cybersecurity, data & applications, infrastructure, DevOps, components and digital health. Our team is located in Madrid and we actively cover Spain, Portugal, Italy, France, UK & Ireland.
👩💻 We’re hiring a Financial Controller
We are looking for a motivated and autonomous finance professional with 3–6 years of experience and willing to work within a small and transparent structure in a dynamic and international environment. If you are a finance professional passionate about technology and keen to work in the investment industry, this is your opportunity!
We believe that Venture Capital should be open to people of all backgrounds and we are committed to building a team with diverse experience. We encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply.
We value the following attributes:
- Self starter, structured with strong initiative, responsible and able to work autonomously with a high degree of quality.
- Excellent analytical, presentation and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, rigorous, but also able to get the big picture and synthesise.
- Fluent in both English and Spanish, both written and verbal. French is a plus and other languages are highly valued.
- Sound finance and accounting knowledge basis.
- Very good Excel and other Microsoft office (or similar) skills.
- Fund auditing experience in a big four (a plus but not required).
🖖 What can you expect as a Financial Controller at Adara?
We are committed to finding and supporting the next generation of enterprise tech founders as they scale from first ticket to exit. As Financial Controller you will be part of the Madrid team and will:
- Work as part of a team: Working closely with all our finance & admin team members under the supervision of the CFO, you will be exposed to a wide range of Adara stakeholders (from our LPs and start-up finance contact points, to our investment team and our external fund service providers and advisors).
- Be involved in the coordination of our external fund service providers and advisors (admin / audit / tax): You will help with reviewing the work of and coordinating with our external accounting and admin services providers regarding all our entities’ accounts. You will be responsible for the preparation of the information required for our annual audit and be involved in the management thereof. You will also support with the review of the tax returns prepared by our external advisors and in tax special projects.
- Support the preparation of our investor reporting: You will be involved in the preparation of our quarterly investor reports, related files, analyses and valuations as well as the collecting of the necessary data.
- Be involved in the realisation of other finance & fund admin tasks: You will support in the monitoring and forecasting of our entities’ cash flows and P&L. From time to time you will support in other matters such as capital calls, distributions, fundraising and the review of investment legal docs.
Additionally, we highly value proactivity and continuous improvement. We expect that you will help us to improve our own operations, methodologies and delivery mechanisms by incorporating new initiatives, tools and resources. We are constantly upgrading how we work and you will be key to helping take Adara to the next level.
👉 Complete your application here before 10 December.
We look forward to meeting you!